|File photo. Source:Web|
SRINAGAR, July 3: J&K’s Traffic Department on Sunday issued a new advisory for tourists/yatris and truck movement in J&K.
Commenting on the new guidelines, Director J&K Horticulture Marketing and Planning in a tweet said, “I request all stake holders of Fruit and vegetable trade to adhere to the advisory and ensure that the fresh reaches its destination without damage”.
Koshur Dude here publishes the modified advisory for NH-44 and the Mughal Road:
Movement via Mughal Raod
1. Empty Tankers/Trucks upto 10 tyres (Chakka) shall ply via Mughal Raod towards Jammu.
2. Loaded Trucks upto 10 tyres (Chakka) including those loaded with fresh perishable items shall preferentially use Mughal Road towards Jammu.
3. The timings of Mughal Road have also been increased from 0700 to 1600 hrs, for the present, subject to the daily assessment by traffic authorities.
Movement via NH-44
1. Trucks with more than 10 tyres (Chakka) shall ply via National Highway-44.
2. Trucks with more than 10 tyres (Chakka) loaded with fresh perishable items should reach Jakheni Naka/Qazigund Naka before 1400 hrs. These trucks shall be parked separately and shall be given preference when traffic is released.
Movement of Yatries/Tourists in Kashmir Valley other than via Yatra Convoys.
1. Yatries/Tourists are advised to travel in the Kashmir Valley only between 0700 hrs. to 1800 hrs. and must plan their travel so as to reach their destination within this time period. In case the Yatries/Tourists fail to reach their destination within the stipulated time, i.e by 1800 hrs. the security forces shall make such
Yatries/Tourists halt for the night at the nearest lodgment Centre.